Thursday, October 22, 2009

Keely's Recovery from Autism



I am starting this blog for a couple of reasons. First I would like to keep better track of Keely's progress, and second, I would like my family and friends to be able to see what Keely is up to and how she really is improving everyday. We don't always get to go to the family and friends events as much as we would like because Keely doesn't care too much for change or a lot of people, so hopefully, this will be a way for everyone to keep up with what we are doing as a family.

I am hoping this blog will be about our journey through Autism, biomedical treatments, and therapies. I would also like to cover the relationship between Keely and her typical little brother, Justice. And I'm sure marriage will come into play here and there.

I am not a writer, by any means, so I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors. And I am no expert in biomedical treatments or Autism. I am just a mom trying to do the best I can for my daughter.

The only thing I am still a little undecided on is where to begin. I have kept somewhat of a journal for awhile now about Keely's progress and challenges. I am thinking about posting this journal on here as a post just so the history is here. It would be really long and I know everyone will not be able to read it, but the ones who do can better understand how we got to where we are today.

2 comments:

  1. Stacy,you're a wonderful example of what a mother should be. Your mom and I graduated together and were roommates for awhile after high school. I'm a special ed teacher at Harrah and am on the state registry for autism. My prayers are with you, Keely, and your family. She is a gorgeous little girl and she's very lucky to have you as her mommy. -Sheri Massey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheri! I am actually very lucky that God chose her for me. That girl has taught me more than I ever thought I would want to know, but I just keep on learning...and I'm loving every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete